Tuesday 15 November 2016

The Heart

When you look at the photographs below, you won't need me to tell you who created this stunning heart. It is immediately recognisable as her work, her style is unmistakable. 

A little while ago, we had a swap, this precious friend of mine wanted to make me one of her beautiful hearts in exchange for some fabrics and metal bits for her art. Of course I was absolutely delighted and I managed to send her some bits and pieces before we left for France. What I didn't manage to do was to take photos of the gorgeous heart which arrived the day we were leaving for France :-(. We got back a few days ago and I so wanted to take photos, but the weather frustrated all my plans, it has been horribly dark and grey and raining most of the time. I gave up waiting for a sunny day today, and took some photos anyway, so the close ups are not the best. But the heart is a ray of sunshine all by itself anyway :-). And here it is -








The back is so beautiful as well -



It hangs right by my desk, within touching distance, lol, so that I can feel the beautiful textures all the time -

Of course you all realised straight away that this heart was made by Suzy from Suzyqu's Threadworks ! Love, love, love it!

Toodlepip xxx

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

So very beautiful! You're a lucky woman to receive it!

Summer said...

Beautiful ♥

Dorthe said...

Hello sweetie Liz,
yes ofcourse this stunning heart could be only from our Suzy.
It looks so ethereal, so filled with sun and love, hanging there in your window.Lovely, lovely elements, laces and fabrics, just gorgeous.
Sending also from here, rainy hugs and kisses .

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Liz I'm so thrilled that you love this heart so much!
I feel very fortunate to be able to create these artworks for people like yourself.
My French metal bits and pieces of fabrics are gorgeous dear friend and so look forward to weave them into my art thinking of you!
With gratitude and love,
Suzy xox

Rita C at Panoply said...

So beautiful, Liz!

Curtains in My Tree said...



It's Fabulous and so beautiful